Exciting New Internships in London and Birmingham
Are you looking for a role that gives you real responsibility on day one, meaningful challenge and a chance to make an immediate impact?
Enabling Enterprise is an award-winning social enterprise. Our mission is to ensure that one day, all students leave school equipped with the skills, experiences and aspirations to succeed – beyond just a set of qualifications. We do this by working in partnership with businesses to bring the world of work into the classroom, through lesson-time projects, challenge days and trips to top businesses. Our work is reinforced and supported by over 100 top employers including PwC, London City Airport, White Stuff, NHS hospitals and many more.
We are looking for a self-starter with an entrepreneurial outlook, who can quickly become an integral part of an ambitious and hardworking team. This is a great chance to build experience in social enterprise or education: over three months, this role primarily focuses on lots of hands-on programme work supporting our Education Associates in their work with schools and students. There will also be chances to support our communications work, upgrading our teaching resources for the next academic year, and support our engagement of new schools.
If you want to make a real impact and learn a broad range of skills whilst helping transform education in England, we want to hear from you.
(1) Assisting Programme Delivery
- Working with the Education Associates to support the delivery of our programmes to the schools and students we work with.
- Preparing resources and materials for trips to businesses, briefing volunteers, and ensuring the smooth-running of the day.
- Supporting the delivery of challenge days in schools with students from the age of 5-18.
(2) Office and systems support
- Supporting to keep systems updated to support effective internal and external communication.
- Taking responsibility for projects to support the smooth running of the organisation.
- Carrying out supporting research and development for designing new school programmes.
(3) Communications and marketing
- Capturing our news and events, and communicating these to different audiences through our website and newsletters.
- Developing our social media presence, and identifying other promotional opportunities.
- Supporting the Education Associates to engage new schools, and in preparing sales meeting documents.
Key Skills and Attributes
The key skills and attributes that will be required for this job are:
- Passion for working with children and young people, and an interest in the education sector
- Strong communication and people skills, including the ability to represent Enabling Enterprise with schools, businesses and other organisations in the region.
- Excellent organisational skills, including organising events, coordinating arrangements with schools and businesses, and planning ahead.
- Ability to take responsibility for completing tasks and managing different streams of work towards achieving organisational goals.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to learn, including pro-actively identifying learning opportunities and going the extra mile to achieve results.
- An entrepreneurial outlook: able to identify new opportunities, adapt to changing circumstances and work flexibly and productively in a small start-up team.
- A strong academic track-record, including a good degree.
Terms and Conditions
- Salary: This role is paid at £340 per week in Birmingham and £390 per week in London, on a monthly basis.
- Start Date: 2nd May 2017
- End Date: 21st July 2017
- Working hours: This is a full-time position for 12 weeks. It may involve some travel between our regional offices (London, Birmingham, Manchester)
Applications should be made via our online form, which requires you to answer some short questions and submit your CV.
You can download a copy of the job description here.
This round of applications ends at 9am on Wednesday 5th April with interviews taking place on the 11th April in Birmingham and 12th April in London. Enabling Enterprise is an equal opportunities employer, and actively encourages applications from any qualified individuals.